°÷Áý

2018/10/08(11:05) from Anonymous Host
ÀÛ¼ºÀÚ : ^¶ó¤Ìµ¥.¸ð넽 + ¤ÄƼ¤Ä¤¤³×.^·¹¸àÅÚ Á¶È¸¼ö : 2755 , ÁÙ¼ö : 19
¼³±â.ºû¹ÚÀÌ.±×¸²
³»·Á¹Þ±â : stereoscopic_picture_of_claude_monet_in_giverny_by_Etienne_clEmentel.jpg.jpg (32 Kbytes)

stereoscopic_picture_of_claude_monet_in_giverny_by_Etienne_clEmentel.jpg.jpg

Juha Kurki, Architect, sculptor
Updated Mar 18 2016 ¡¤ Author has 117 answers and 80.6k answer views
Claude Monet was master with usage of colour and forms and I think he was fully aware of  Gestalt-phenomen that Max Wertheimer named 1912 and made commonly known. Claude Monet also did several experiments with 3D-camera of 18th century (Stereoscope) with his friend Étienne Clémentel. So I do not think that this vanishing sun in BW-picture is unintentional.

Stereoscopic Picture of Claude Monet in Giverny by Étienne Clémentel.

When looking at stereoscopic picture, pay attention to the flower in Monet's jacket. It is similar "hot spot" as sun is in Impression, Sunrise.

About Impressionism I would like to point out that Claude Monet was just doing art. Others invented the -ism around his art. "Impressionism" was meant to be a disparagement as you can read from Wikipedia.

"From the late 1860s, Monet and other like-minded artists met with rejection from the conservative Académie des Beaux-Arts, which held its annual exhibition at the Salon de Paris. During the latter part of 1873, Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Camille Pissarro, and Alfred Sisley organized the Société anonyme des artistes peintres, sculpteurs et graveurs
(Anonymous Society of Painters, Sculptors, and Engravers) to exhibit
their artworks independently. At their first exhibition, held in April
1874, Monet exhibited the work that was to give the group its lasting
name. Impression, Sunrise was painted in 1872, depicting a Le Havre port landscape. From the painting's title the art critic Louis Leroy, in his review, "L'Exposition des Impressionnistes," which appeared in Le Charivari, coined the term "Impressionism".

It was intended as disparagement but the Impressionists appropriated the term for themselves."

Modify Delete Post Reply Backward Forward List